Research that informs your strategy
Our offers in this area relate to the classical analytical assessment of new technologies and also include complex interventions as well as innovative care management approaches.
- We offer expert assessments and evaluations. These can be related to traditional effectiveness studies and the generation of real-world-evidence.
- Our market access and product analytics serve as a basis for strategy building. Please see a complete offering of our services in the following file: Global Market Access Solutions
- We also conduct innovative Center-initiated research on underlying constructs of client relationships, such as loyalty, trust, satisfaction, and commercial friendships.
- As a preparatory step for strategy projects we also evaluate stakeholder relationships, underlying power structures and incentive schemes.
- Implementation strategies based on evaluations will be supported by the consulting network katharinajanus.com.
Education that gets people on board
We provide tailor-made executive education programs that are designed according to your organization’s needs and strategic purposes.
- We offer a range of courses related to macro-level healthcare market phenomena as well as micro-level management classes.
- Modules include an overview of a particular or several markets and sessions on management tools.
- The core piece can be related to and based on your strategy or strategic change. We develop it jointly and will use your business case to get the message to your people.
- If desired your program can include a Columbia University certificate. Contact us to discuss details and to receive an overview of sample classes.
Access to a global network of experts
Our unique network of global experts enables us to offer country-specific domain expertise in healthcare management when implementing best practices cross-nationally and on-site.
- Better manage the health (and risks) of entire populations by relating changes in outcomes to provider incentives.
- Annual Forums convene the network to work on topics that matter and develop directions for the future.
- Study trips, courses and mini-forums allow you to meet experts in their or your environment. Contact us to get started.
- Become an individual or organizational member yourself. Please use the form to inquire optional levels and benefits.
Inspiration beyond the ordinary
Our research and educational framework crosses borders – countries, professions, industries – and provides a unique quality and depth of knowledge through meaningful conversations.
- Research that covers themes beyond the ordinary. We conduct research that is not financed by traditional ways of funding.
- Education that relates to your strategy and issues that matter. We tailor a program based on your needs.
- Forums in a non-conventional format. Our forums follow a reverse-conferencing format that inspires new thoughts instead of reproducing existing knowledge.
- Study trips around the world to learn about healthcare systems, cultures and countries. Experience the history and change abroad.
The Center for Healthcare Management organizes forums in cities around the world, using an interactive approach that relies on real-time and team-based content capturing and evaluation supported by various moderation and visualization techniques. Conversations and interactive panels allow participants to learn from each other and compare notes. The acquired knowledge and insights lead to fresh and promising approaches to longstanding and unresolved challenges in healthcare management.
Can’t wait for the Center’s next Forum? We’ll come to your premises and design your own, using our unique approach and methodology. Our in-house forums allow us to focus on specific issues related to your organization and explore current examples from your work environment. We will explore solutions and develop a forward-looking vision about what your business will look like ten years from now.
As the founder and managing director of the Center for Healthcare Management I am excited to announce our next Forum “Strategy in times of change” on September 12-14, 2018 at the Columbia University Global Center in Paris.
Now in its 7th year the Center’s Forum brings together global decision-makers in an intimate setting. Previous participants rave about the interactive, content-rich and personal experience: https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=7&v=-fhcfbSPPmY
After Hamburg, Washington DC (in collaboration with Kaiser Permanente), Berlin (sponsored by the Bosch Foundation and further multinationals), and Paris we return to Columbia University’s Global Center to reflect on:
- What’s the potential for market access?
- Is there a natural fit or a cultural clash?
- How to position your organization at home and abroad?
Value added evidence
- From randomized controlled trials to real-world evidence
- How to move towards a global value assessment?
- How to reconcile ideologies of value perception such a cost versus comparative effectiveness?
- Loyalty/engagement and its implications for patient relationship management
- Physician-system-integration – are we there yet?
- Moving to population health management to tackle value-based pricing
- Do we know what we know – how is knowledge shared and applied inside the organization?
- What’s the impact of social media use on people’s performance?
- “Digital” as a code for transparency or confusion?
- Integrating care across silos: drugs, data, devices and beyond
- Changing professional roles due to technology
- Reimbursement challenges and opportunities
Pre-conference hot topics
- Migration effects on global healthcare systems
- “Emotional” politics and consequences on global health policy
You can read about our past forums and learn more about what global thought leaders who attended think about our style of conferencing.
Executives are invited personally and represent all stakeholder perspectives. The total number of participants is limited to ensure effective networking and matchmaking opportunities in a confidential setting. About 50% of participants join us from the United States, 40% from Europe and about 10% from Asia and the Middle East.
Partners of our Forum have been among others (in random order):
If you wish to become a partner of the next Forum please inquire regarding sponsoring opportunities at email@example.com. You may contact us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org to apply for registration.
More on the 7th Forum follows soon – stay tuned @HCMatColumbia!
The process that we have employed here in the Care-Tank allows us to be able to do a better job in identifying solutions that exist in major markets and that are applicable to other markets.
This forum offers the opportunity for me to bring some new ideas to the processes and methods that we would use as we begin to develop our strategic innovations that we want to embed within our company.
I think the forum provides a vehicle for the exchange of ideas and interaction which is both interesting and unique. It’s a much more interactive type of forum.
… Literally every time somebody opens their mouth here – it’s a good use of my time.
… But to have ideas articulated so well and so meaningfully and in such a short period of time – I think is really powerful.
Thank you for the tremendous hospitality. You did a great job at focusing the group. Please let me know if I can do anything to help you as we go forward and I appreciate the work that your Center for Health Care Management is doing.